From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Michele
New health and safety measures will be in place at restaurants across Walt Disney World Resort theme parks during their phased reopening. These new procedures include:
- Enhanced Cleaning – Seating and dining areas are cleaned between guest seatings, along with increased cleaning procedures in other high-traffic common areas.
- Self-Serve Changes – Beverages and other items previously available as self-service options will now be served directly to guests.In addition, many Walt Disney World restaurants are using convenient technologies to minimize contact at dining locations, including:
- Reduced-Contact Menus – Most quick-service theme park restaurant menus are available in the Mobile Order section of the My Disney Experience app* and/or displayed on signage at the restaurant. At select table-service locations, guests may scan a QR code with their mobile devices to access a digital menu.
- Mobile Order – Using the My Disney Experience app, guests can browse menus for most quick-service theme park restaurants, order ahead from wherever they are in the park and pick an arrival time that fits their schedule. Upon their arrival at the restaurant, they tap “I’m here” in the app and head to a designated pick-up area. The service fully supports cashless payments, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards and more.
- Mobile Dine Check-in – The My Disney Experience app now offers this service via mobile device for select table-service theme park restaurants. As their check-in window for a dining reservation arrives, guests will receive a push notification on their mobile device prompting them to check in via the app; guests can also begin the check-in process by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby. A series of prompts will walk guests through the check-in process, confirming their arrival time and party details. Guests will then be notified when their table is ready. While guests will be encouraged to use this new mobile check-in option, they will still be able to check in at the restaurant’s podium, as well.
- For more information about dining at Walt Disney World Resort, visit Disneyworld.com/dining.
Latest posts by Michele Atwood (see all)
- Mickey’s Pumpkin Whoopie Pies ~ Recipe! - September 23, 2020
- Halloween Merchandise at Magic Kingdom #disneymagicmoments #halloween - September 23, 2020
- Nightmare Before Christmas Cavalcade, Magic Kingdom #disneymagicmoments #halloween - September 23, 2020