From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Guest Blog
From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Karen McClintock
Gingerbread Day is tomorrow, and we have a delicious recipe to celebrate the
day and gear us up for the holiday season – Gingerbread-Cream Cheese Muffins!
Let’s face it, the scent and taste of freshly baked gingerbread screams HOLIDAY and this spiced gingerbread muffin with cream cheese filling is the perfect bundle of holiday goodness! Want to enjoy this gingerbread treat in our parks? Head on over to Isle of Java and Harambe Fruit Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park starting Dec. 1 through Jan. 2.
in more tasty holiday treats at Disney? Check out our food and beverage Holiday
and the Foodie Guide
to the Taste of EPCOT International Festival for the Holidays.
GINGERBREAD-CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
Isle of Java and Harambe Fruit Market, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil (1/4 cup butter, softened, may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Reserved cream cheese filling
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- Combine sugar and butter in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle
attachment and beat on low speed until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese and
mix on medium speed for 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low. Add egg and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to 3 days, until ready to use.
FOR GINGERBREAD-CREAM CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 liners and set
- Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking
soda, and salt into medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil or butter, brown sugar, molasses, honey, and egg in bowl of
electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Mix on medium speed until
combined. Reduce speed to low and add buttermilk until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape sides of
mixer and mix an additional 30 seconds. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Place reserved cream cheese filling in piping bag fitted with large
round tip. Insert piping tip into the center of each muffin, piping about 1
tablespoon into the center, then pipe a swirl around the top of the muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top of muffin is firm when touched.
- Cool before serving.
use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise
children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a
larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from
the restaurant’s version.
connected with Disney Parks
more delicious Disney recipes and be sure to share the magic with other Disney
fans using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy cooking!