From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Jackie Kutney
If you’re like me and have no clue what to do for Christmas dinner, here’s an idea to add to your dessert menu: Mickey’s Strawberry Santa Hats!
I found these cute treats, made with vanilla wafers, fresh fruit, and chocolate, on Disney Family.
Prep Time – 35 minutes
- Large fresh strawberries
- White chocolate
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Small chocolate disks or mints
- Wash the strawberries in cool water and carefully remove the hulls; then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop, according to package directions.
- Taking one wafer cookie at a time, dip the surface in the melted chocolate until it is generously coated; then set on wax paper (coated side up).
- Immediately set a strawberry (hulled side down) on top. Then quickly, but gently, push two small chocolate disks against the base of the berry for ears. Hold them in place for a few seconds to make sure they stick. (If needed, use a little extra melted chocolate to attach them.)
- When ready to make the pom-pom tops for the hats, let the melted chocolate cool slightly and thicken a bit. Then spoon a small amount onto each strawberry tip.
- Lastly, if you’d like to add a little texture to the hat trim, use a fork to gently “scramble” what’s left of the cooled chocolate, so that it resembles coconut flakes. Gently press the flakes onto the hat brims while they are still warm so they will stick in place.
- Once the hats are completely set, arrange on a dish and serve!
Latest posts by Michele Atwood (see all)
- Watch Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ World Premiere Red Carpet Live Stream on July 24 at 6:45 p.m. PT - July 23, 2021
- Cast Across Walt Disney World Celebrate the Reopening of Many ‘Yummy’ Locations - July 23, 2021
- Summer Magic Savings Continues at Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels + Park Ticket Deals too! - July 23, 2021