From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Michele
Here’s a fun craft that maybe you could try at home from Disney Inspired! Relaxing!
Put some fizz into bathtime by making these cherry and vanilla scented Minnie Mouse bath bombs – these are the perfect gift and so fun to create.
What You’ll Need
- 240g bicarbonate of soda (also called baking soda)
- 120g cream of tartar
- 1 tsp of red food coloring
- 2 tsp of cherry and vanilla food flavoring
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mixing bowl (a glass bowl is best as it won’t absorb the scent)
- Spray bottle with some water inside
- Molds (ice cube trays or plastic molds)
- Dried rose petals (optional)
How To Make It
- Mix the cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with your fingers. Divide the mixture in to two bowls.
- Using the gloves, add the food coloring to one bowl and mix this in with your fingers. Then add the food flavoring and olive oil, first to the white mixture and second to the red. Mix it together quickly with your hands, before the mixture has a chance to fizz. If the mixture becomes clumpy, rub the clumps between your hands to turn them back into powder. If you’re using rose petals, add them.
- Spray a tiny amount of water onto each mixture and keep mixing it together. (You only need a tiny amount of water, so add it a drop at a time.) The mixture should hold its shape when you squeeze it hard in your hand. Place some rose petals in your mold for decoration.
- Spoon the mixture into your mold and press it down with your fingers to make bath bombs. If you’re using a two-part mold, slightly over fill each half and press them together tightly. (Don’t twist, just press.)
- Gently tap your bath bombs out of the mold. Leave the bath bombs to dry somewhere warm on a tea towel or kitchen roll for a couple of hours.
- Store your bath bombs in tissue paper out of direct sunlight and use within two weeks.
Tip! Decorate your bath bombs or wrap them up nicely using tissue paper, ribbon and gift bags ready to make someone smile!
- #DisneyKids: EPCOT In Full Bloom with Activities to Delight and Entertain Little Ones - May 11, 2021
- Disney on Broadway Announces Return Dates for THE LION KING and ALADDIN –Offers Unprecedented Ticketing Benefits - May 11, 2021
- Universal Orlando Resort Hiring More Than 2,000 Jobs for Summer Positions at The World-Class Theme Park Destination - May 11, 2021