From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Guest Blog
From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Michelle Baumann
As we head into Earth Month, it’s a great time to reflect on our personal relationship with our beautiful planet and how we can all care for the world we share. Whether it’s reducing your own ecological footprint, planting a tree, creating a butterfly garden or learning more about wildlife and conservation, all of these efforts unite us as we do our part to protect nature’s treasures. And while Disney theme parks celebrate all living things every day, during the annual Earth Day Celebration there’s an added opportunity for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park guests to connect with the magic of nature through engaging activities designed to educate and inspire the whole family.
From April 18 to 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host
limited-time experiences including unique Disney character appearances, fun
learning opportunities, specialty merchandise, themed food and beverage, a new
Wilderness Explorer activity and more. Here’s a look at what’s in store to
spark your curiosity about wildlife
and inspire your own conservation efforts:
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station shows how Disney Artists bring favorite characters to life by using animals for inspiration. For the Earth Day Celebration and the month of April, you can learn to draw characters – including Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and Scar – whose real-life counterparts represent amazing stories of conservation work around the globe.
- Catch a glimpse of some special characters
who will join other favorite Disney pals on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- Nosh around the park sampling Earth Day eats, including a selection of limited-time specialty cupcakes: the Creature Comfort’s Honey Bee Cupcake, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake (plus the Crave the Wave cocktail!) at Restaurantosaurus Lounge. Be sure to dig in as the treats are only available for a limited time.
- Set out on a series of self-guided, nature-themed challenges and earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge.
- Hunt for an Earth Day 2021
limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin. You can also support the Disney
Conservation Fund by purchasing a cuddly plush inspired by species that call
Disney’s Animal Kingdom home; or check out Island Mercantile’s eco-friendly
water bottles, tumblers and reusable bags that promote sustainability.
- Any time you visit the park, marvel at unique animals and meet the newest arrivals. Most recently, the park welcomed the birth of Ranger, and you can get a glimpse of the rambunctious five-month-old white rhino calf and his crash on your journey aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris. While on safari, also keep an eye out for two young Masai giraffe who were born a few months ago, and playful Nigerian dwarf goats that hang out at the warden’s outpost.
- Disney PhotoPass Service captures magical memories with
special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and Magic Shots, including an all-new
photo opportunity. In addition, Earth Day screen savers and Zoom backgrounds
can be downloaded from the My Disney Experience PhotoPass gallery.
- Beginning April 2, you can watch as artisans transform 40 tons of sand
into a detailed sculpture celebrating National Geographic’s “Secrets of the
Whales,” an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. The intricate sculpted
masterpiece will be located on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.
For more information on how Disney cares for animals and helps protect species in the wild, visit DisneyAnimals.com, check out “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” on Disney+, streaming now, Disney Park Wild Sights, a short form video mini-series exclusive to the My Disney Experience app, or follow along on Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment Instagram (@DrMarkAtDisney) and Facebook (@DisneyASE) pages. And look out for even more Earth Month excitement right here on Disney Parks Blog as we inspire action through education to protect the environment and care for the world around us.
The post Honor Our Wondrous Planet During Earth Month Celebrations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park appeared first on The Main Street Mouse.
- Watch Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ World Premiere Red Carpet Live Stream on July 24 at 6:45 p.m. PT - July 23, 2021
- Cast Across Walt Disney World Celebrate the Reopening of Many ‘Yummy’ Locations - July 23, 2021
- Summer Magic Savings Continues at Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels + Park Ticket Deals too! - July 23, 2021