From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Michele
Bring a touch of magic into your home with this Disneyland-inspired name sign. The vintage-style craft is the perfect addition to a nursery or kids room. With just a few supplies, this nostalgic DIY can be all yours!
What You’ll Need
- Letter stencils
- Black, gold, pink, blue, green, off white, and yellow felt
- White colored pencil or chalk marker
- Hot glue
- Needle and thread
- Golden yarn
- Thumbtacks (optional)
How To Make It
- Use the letter templates to trace onto the black felt using a white colored pencil or chalk marker. Then cut out the letters from the black felt.
- Place each of your letters on a different color of felt. Then cut a rectangle around the letter to frame its size. Repeat until you have either a pink, blue, green, off white, or yellow rectangle for each letter.
- Next, cut a larger gold rectangle around each of your smaller rectangles to frame each of those.
- Hot glue your letters onto each of your smaller rectangle pieces. Then hot glue or sew the gold rectangle pieces underneath.
- Using a needle and thread, sew together each of your rectangle pieces together to make one large name sign.
- Cut 4 pieces of yarn at varying lengths, ranging from 6-8″.
- Cut out 4 triangles from the different colored felts to be the flags above your name sign. Then, cut out 4 larger triangles from the gold felt to frame the flags.
- Hot glue or sew the colored flags onto the gold frames. Next, use your needle and thread to sew the yarn to the flags.
- Arrange the yarn above the name sign to your liking, then sew together.
Thank you Disney Family for the info!
Follow along on all of our social media accounts for more!
Twitter at mainstreetmouse
The post Bring the Magic of Disneyland into Your Kid’s Room With This Name Sign appeared first on The Main Street Mouse.