From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Guest Blog
From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Karen McClintock
We are Conjuring Up the Magic for our #HalfwaytoHalloween takeover and treating you to four wickedly delicious recipes – perfect for when you socialize with your own grim grinning ghosts! We have autumnal pumpkin and apple recipes plus Disney villain-inspired deviled dragon eggs and a delicious, healthful smoothie.
Also, check out the scary good limited-time treats offered at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes (Downtown Disney District) and The Ganachery and Gideon’s Bakehouse (Disney Springs) during our Halfway to Halloween celebration! Grab them before they disappear like a ghost!
Bad has never tasted so
good! These first two recipes are from the soon-to-be-released Disney
Villains: Devilishly Delicious Cookbook, where the iconic villains from Disney’s film library are the inspiration for the recipes.
Hades from Disney’s animated feature film, Hercules, inspired the recipe for Underworld Smoothies. This smoothie plays off Hades’ two moods: blue flames for hair when he’s calm and red flames when angry. You mix a blue and red smoothie separately, then pour both into the same glass for a healthful dose of Hades’ feelings! Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe.
Even Maleficent would approve of these Deviled Dragon Eggs! Cleverly using red cabbage water to create the unique coloring of these eggs, this recipe takes a bit of time, but the “terrifying” results are sure to impress! Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe.
You now have the opportunity to pre-order this cookbook featuring these two as well as other devilish dishes. Why not make it a Disney movie night complete with matching your movie choice to a Disney villain recipe? Sounds like a wickedly good time!
Our Pumpkin Muffin recipe comes from the recipe vault at Disneyland Park. Served at past Halloween Time celebrations at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, these perfectly pumpkiny muffins get a sprinkle of streusel on top for that right hint of sweetness. Happy fall, y’all! Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe.
Promise this is not a trick but a delicious treat – an exclusive recipe for Disney Parks Blog readers! We coaxed our festival chefs to give us a preview of an autumnal recipe from the upcoming EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival (starting Jul. 15 and running through Nov. 20), and they sent us a recipe for Apple Crumble Tarts. My foodie pal, Katie, made them (you know, for me to make sure they are perfect for this post!), and we both can attest they are REALLY good and REALLY cute! Who can resist a tiny apple pie with crumble topping? Not me!
Here is a sneak peek of the delicious limited-time specialty offerings brewing in our cauldrons for Halfway to Halloween – from pumpkin pie milkshakes to creepy-cool cookies!
Black Tap Craft Burgers &
Shakes at Downtown Disney District
- The Classic Pumpkin Pie Shake – Black Tap’s take on fall flavors with a pumpkin pie shake topped with whipped cream, graham cracker crumbles, and a cherry (available May 7-9)
Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs
- Gideon’s Hand Pies – A handmade Gideon’s Bakehouse Chocolate Chip Cookie baked inside a flaky, buttery pie crust (available May 10-12 while supplies last; limit two per person)
Ganachery at Disney Springs
Pssssst … to get this frightfully delicious treat, check @disneyparks on TikTok throughout Saturday, May 8, to learn the secret, scary phrase to order!
- Cauldron Cocoa Bomb – Dark chocolate cauldron filled with hot cocoa mix and green marshmallows topped with an edible image of the Sanderson Sisters and a chocolate broom stirrer (available May 10-12 while supplies last; limit two per person)
Stay connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious Disney recipes, and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the hashtag #HalfwaytoHalloween and #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy Conjuring Up the Magic!
The post #DisneyMagicMoments: Conjuring Up the Magic – Recipes for Your Halfway2Halloween Celebration appeared first on The Main Street Mouse.
- For the Love of Disney Food- Tonga Toast Recipe - August 4, 2021
- Dining Guide Update #5 – Disneyland Resort Foodie News: Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures at Napa Rose, Goofy’s Kitchen, and More Reopening! - August 4, 2021
- Special Disney Family Night Dinner Delivers Delicious Delights, Interactive Fun at Walt Disney World Resort - August 4, 2021