From the The Main Street Mouse and written by: Guest Blog
From the Universal Orlando Blog and written by: UMedia
Life-Sized Set of Olympics Rings to Kick Off National “Rings Across America” Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, July 3-4, and Later Stop at Universal Orlando Resort, July 16-17
NBC Olympics will launch “Rings Across America” this week, giving guests at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort an incredible opportunity to get up close and be dazzled by a life-size set of iconic Olympic rings as part of this historic, national tour – which promotes more than 7,000 hours of coverage of the Tokyo Olympic Games that Team USA fans can watch across the networks of NBCUniversal.
With less than a month to go to the Opening Ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics, the interactive “Rings Across America” exhibit will make its inaugural debut at Universal CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood from July 3-4 and later be on display in front of the Universal Studios Florida entrance arches from July 16-17. “Rings Across America” will tour the country leading up to the Opening Ceremony, making stops at additional locations in Chicago (July 9), Miami (July 13), Washington, D.C. (July 19-20) and New York City (July 23-25).
“RINGS ACROSS AMERICA” BY THE NUMBERS
- “Rings Across America” will drive approximately 8,000 miles across the country in the weeks leading up to the Opening Ceremony.
- The Rings will visit 25 states along the way, totaling over 125 hours of drive time.
- Standing 13 feet off the ground, the Rings and mobile platform weigh more than 12,000 gold medals.
“We’re very excited to launch Rings Across America ahead of the Tokyo Olympics, including stops at our incredibly popular theme parks in Los Angeles and Orlando” said Lyndsay Signor, Senior Vice President, Consumer Engagement, NBC Sports. “Displaying the Rings, one of the most recognizable symbols of the Olympic movement, across the country in addition to making stops in six major markets, will raise awareness and excitement leading to the Opening Ceremony.”
NBCUniversal will present an unprecedented 7,000 hours of coverage of the Tokyo Olympics this summer by utilizing two broadcast networks, six cable networks, and multiple digital platforms, serving both English- and Spanish-language viewers, making it the biggest media event ever. The Games of the XXXII Olympiad will take place July 23-August 8, 2021. Click here for more information about programming details.
The post NBC Olympics’ “Rings Across America” to Dazzle Guests at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort Ahead of Tokyo Olympics appeared first on Press Releases, Photos and Media Kits for Universal Orlando Resort.
- For the Love of Disney Food- Tonga Toast Recipe - August 4, 2021
- Dining Guide Update #5 – Disneyland Resort Foodie News: Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures at Napa Rose, Goofy’s Kitchen, and More Reopening! - August 4, 2021
- Special Disney Family Night Dinner Delivers Delicious Delights, Interactive Fun at Walt Disney World Resort - August 4, 2021